1. Florida State (5/5) – The only question I have is how high do the Seminoles rank after they beat Clemson? I think this will be close early, but a rather big win (10+ points) for the Noles. But what do I know, I’m an engineer not a bookie. Either way, going to be a great game this weekend!
2. Clemson (3/4) – I imagine the atmosphere in Clemson is already amazing, just don’t think the Tigers can handle the Noles and their QB.
3. Miami (10/11) – Hanging around the Top 10 and only the second best ACC school in Florida.
4. Virginia Tech (19/20) – From Beamer’s hot seat to the Top 20. Putting together another good year.
This group is playing for bowl placement…
5. Maryland (NR/NR) – Escaped a crazy game against the Cavs to move to 5-1 overall.
6. Pitt (NR/NR) – Suffered a loss on the road at VT to fall to 2-2 in conference.
7. Georgia Tech (NR/NR) – Lost at BYU to fall to 3-3 overall.
8. Boston College (NR/NR) – Played Clemson tough, but did what was good for the league and lost to fall to 3-3 overall and 1-2 in conference play.
And this group is essentially playing for next season… And let’s be honest, does order really even matter here?
9. Syracuse (NR/NR) – Somewhere Jim B is smiling…
10. NC State (NR/NR) – If anyone needs a bye week, it’s this team. Maybe when Mitchell comes back we can string together enough wins to move into the next group. That or we beat a Top 3 FSU team, because that’s just what we Wolfpack do.
11. North Carolina (NR/NR) – Coming off a bye week. Looking forward to the rites of fall – leaves changing, rental cars, and parking tickets.
12. Duke (NR/NR) – Took care of Navy, starting to refocus their attention to basketball.
13. Wake Forest (NR/NR) – Coming off a bye week.
14. Virginia (NR/NR) – Lost a crazy one to fall to 2-4 overall and 0-2 in the conference.