If they won't put a picture of our All American kicker, this will have to do. - Rob Kinnan-USA TODAY Sports
Three teams in the top 18? Say it ain't so...
- Clemson (3/5) – Defeated South Carolina State, which only means their WTF game will come later in the season. Clemson has a bye week this week in preparation for the Thursday night match up with our wolfs.
- Florida State (10/9) – Fresh off the bye week, FSU hosts the other Wolf Pack from Nevada. The bigger question is likely how many incompletions can their QB throw
- Miami (15/18) – Is Miami for real, or were the Gators over ranked? Miami too has a bye this week.
- Virginia Tech (ORV/ORV) – Pounded Western Carolina and travels to East Carolina this week... traveling to Greenville, who created that schedule?
- Georgia Tech (ORV/ORV) – Traveling to Durham this week. Shaping up to be an important early season game for the division championship.
- Duke (NR/NR) – 2-0 and hosting GT in a suddenly very important early season division game.
- North Carolina (NR/NR) – Beat MTSU, and have a bye this week. Good week for their student athletes to get caught up on their course work, or at least a good week to test out the newest rental car$ on campus.
- NC State (NR/NR) – 2-0 is 2-0. I am convinced that game was just a ploy to not give away the game plan. We host the bye to get ready for the Thursday night Textile Bowl next week.
- Pitt (NR/NR) – Coming off a bye week, Pitt hosts New Mexico.
- Maryland (NR/NR) – Beat ODU, travels to UCONN this week. Can’t be gone fast enough.
- Syracuse (NR/NR) – Beat up by a Top-25 Northwestern. Hosting Wagner which should be quite a bit easier.
- Virginia (NR/NR) – Beat up at home by Oregon, have a bye this week to recover.
- Boston College (NR/ORV) – Yes, that's right, someone voted for BC in the USA Today Coaches poll - does their coach get a vote? Beat Wake to move out of the basement, traveling to Southern Cal this week.
- Wake Forest (NR/NR) – Lost to bottom dweller BC, hosting Louisiana Monroe.
Just for fun (and upon popular request):
Louisville (7/7) - Still think I would slot them between FSU and Miami this week.
Notre Dame (21/21) - I would probably put ND between Miami and VT this week.
Polls: (AP/USA Today Coaches)
Legend: ORV = Others Receiving Votes, NR = Not Ranked