Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports
The weekly in-depth look at the best (worst?) moments in ACC schadenfreude.
Bit of a close one last week, with Akil Mitchell narrowly edging out Jeff Bzdelik by the slimmest of margins. Amazing that a spectacularly airballed free throw barely escaped with a victory. We've got another fantastic set of entries this week, but I have a feeling I know already who's going to be the runaway winner. Will I be right? Which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. J.J. Hickson committed the stupidest foul you may ever see (h/t @Deadspin).
Click the link above to get to the video, and watch what is easily the the most idiotic foul ever. Seriously J.J., Sidney Lowe would've sat you for a half if you had committed that at State.
2. Lil' Jon is not a fan of this GT player's tattoo (h/t @_JoshDGraham).
This is just a spectacular representation of the power of Twitter. Where else can you see Lil' Jon himself give commentary on what is supposedly a tattoo of Jesus? #WelcomeTo2014.
3. Only at Burlington Coat Factory does UVA get mistaken for Auburn (h/t @WillsWorldMN).
Good grief. Just like a few weeks ago when we saw that NC State had changed their mascot to the Utes. Does anybody proofread anything anymore? At all?
4. Coach Gottfried was really pumped up after the win over Maryland (h/t @DerekMedlin).
5. This Duke sorority has a, um, rather interesting recruitment video (h/t @martinrickman and @KYSportsRadio).
I...uh...I've got nothing.
6. Some Virginia Tech student has no idea who Kurt Cobain is, that he's no longer with us and that he isn't female (h/t @TheBenSwain).
Not only did this student not have any idea about Nirvana at all, but when the band's former record label sent a video anyway that featured a stand in for Cobain, the fact that the student thought it was real is even more #goacc.
7. Jim Boeheim hates the ACC so much (h/t @mengus22).
OK Jim, we get it. You ain't happy about being part of the ACC. Stop being so damn crabby and enjoy a Grand Slamwich from Denny's (yes, that is an actual menu item, which is so #goacc by itself). BTW, let's check on Jim in Miami!
He really can't stop.
8. So Old Rudy and an Old Leprechaun attend a game in Winston-Salem (h/t @lebrownlow and @JP_Mundy).
Yeah, that's pretty much the joke. Oh, and Wake Forest beat Notre Dame today. #OhHeavensYes!
OK, let's recap here. You've got a man who passed away that went by the nickname, "Daddy Scum," who wanted more than anything for Georgia Tech to boot out their head coach. College football everybody!
The Mike London era everybody!