We're back on BTP with another tremendous edition of the #goacc Moment of the Week. Had a bit of a barnburner last week, but ultimately Miami's bizarre recruiting ad edged out some very worthy contenders. I'll be honest, I had a tough time making my vote for this week, as all of these entries are absolutely hysterical. But enough blabbering, let's get down to business. Which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. Big Brother, inexplicably in its sixteenth season, adds some #goacc flair (h/t @theBenSwain).
That dude is none other than Donny Thompson, whose apparent claim to fame is "that he was the janitor at Kelly Pickler's high school." Reality television everybody!
2. The Miami Hurricanes football team will turn down for NOBODY in the weight room (h/t @DerekMedlin).
Are the disco lights really necessary to perform cleans? Is this what college coaches are showing recruits these days? Hold on, I think I've already reached the get off my lawn phase in life. Dear God. Let's move on.
3. Louisville is having some trouble with the new ACC logo (h/t @MarkEnnis, @TomFornelli).
Didn't somebody give Louisville the handbook on the ACC logo? THEY'VE ALREADY VIOLATED THESE TENETS!!
4. Tim Duncan celebrated his fifth NBA Title with the Spurs by heading to Chick-Fil-A (h/t @the_Jameson).
This is not the first time an athlete celebrated a major professional accomplishment by heading to a fast food joint. Who remembers when Phil Mickelson went to a Krispy Kreme with his kids wearing his green jacket?
5. Somebody get Tim Cook on the line, because #goacc has infected iOS (h/t @RCorySmith).
Hopefully this will get corrected in the iOS update rumored to be hitting this fall.
6. The new Carolina Hurricanes coach has some reading up to do on the ACC (h/t @lebrownlow, @ArmstrongABC11 and @the_Jameson).
Man, just wait until Bill Peters discovers the #Pray4Maniscalco hashtag. MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. "What, 64 recruiting letters is too many?" - Syracuse (h/t @Moore_ACCSports and @MinkNate).
That's a hell of a sunk cost on postage and stationary, Scott Shafer.
8. College football's latest bowl sponsor with an ACC tie-in? Say hello to the Bitcoin Bowl! (h/t @danoshinsky).
Can't wait to go watch Pitt play ECU and pay .1238273 Bitcoins for a Bud Light y'all!
9. Since when does a Demon Deacon carry around rapiers, eBay? (h/t @theUVAFool, @BloggerSoDear).
"Very Old School" cap. LOL.
10. Apparently, the King Charles Spaniel look is in right now in Omaha (h/t @cjzero).