I think it's safe to say it's been a week that P.J. Hairston would sooner rather forget. I'll be honest, I debated about even putting in a poll this week, because let's face it, his recent shenanigans are going to run away with everything. But where's the fun in that? Last week we saw Ryan Kelly's hilarious interaction with a fake Karl Hess twitter account obliterate the competition with a monstrous victory. Was that the equivalent of a 7-1 soccer score, ESPN? I think so. At any rate, let's get down to business - which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. P.J. Hairston got in a fight with a high school basketball player at the Durham YMCA (h/t @BleacherReport, @JoeMazurABC11).
Look, we've all played in pick up games that got heated. But this is just a strange incident all around, particularly because P.J.'s agent, Juan Morrow (we'll get to him, later) suggested that P.J. was defending himself from high school prep star, Kentrell Barkley. Ok, except Barkley said he never threw a punch, has pressed charges for assault and battery against P.J. and apparently has a big welt on his forehead:
Welp, stay tuned to this story - there's a court date August 8.
2. Josh Gordon, likely soon to be ex-Cleveland Browns receiver, was arrested for DWI in Raleigh...driving P.J. Hairston's car. You'll never believe how it happened (h/t @Rick_Bonnell).
PJ Hairston says he met Josh Gordon at a grocery store in the Triangle, and they chose to swap cars for the night.
PJ Hairston says he met Josh Gordon at a grocery store in the Triangle, and they chose to swap cars for the night.— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) July 10, 2014
What a fortuitous encounter! Did that chance meeting go something like this?
"Hey I just met you / and this is crazy / but here's my Yukon / so drive it maybe"
"Hey I just met you / and this is crazy / but here's my Yukon / so drive it maybe"— Will Thompson (@thrillis4) July 10, 2014
Oh, and remember the infamous Fats Thomas? Yeah, he bailed Josh Gordon out of jail. I'm sure that's a huge coincidence.
3. Remember how I mentioned Juan Morrow above? Yeah, he's actually not certified by the NBPA (h/t @sportingnews).
I....I just don't know how to respond to that. Let's go to Twitter for some reaction:
Does PJ Hairston know anyone that isn't sketch? Anyone?
Does PJ Hairston know anyone that isn't sketch? Anyone?— Josh Goodson (@joshwgoodson) July 10, 2014
You guys are the best. Couldn't have said it better myself.
OK, enough P.J. - what else has been happening in the #goacc world?
4. Jay Williams thinks pretty highly of Justin Bieber.
"Truly inspiring." "He is changing lives." You sure about that Jay? (sidenote, if it wasn't for P.J., this would've won in a landslide)
5. Good job, good effort, "Boston College University" recruit (h/t @NCSU_99_17_24, @RedditCFB).
6. Carlos Rodon had some trouble fishing the other day.
Ya know, I think he'll be able to afford a new one. Call it a gut feeling.
7. Steve Wojciechowski threw out the first pitch at a Brewers game.
Just look at that form! Had to be a strike based on the finger point there.
8. Legendary actor John Wayne's estate is suing Duke University over the use of the nickname "the Duke" (h/t @lebrownlow).
What a country we live in, y'all.
9. This is a rather unfortunate headline associated with Rick Pitino (h/t @KrestACCWriter3).
I have just one response to that, ACCSports.com: