Boy do we have a doozie of a #goacc Moment of the Week here on BTP this week. I'd like to personally take the time to welcome our new neighbors in Louisville! You guys sure didn't waste any time at all embracing the #goacc mantra (as you'll see below), which is both fascinating and terrifying. It's like y'all have been here all along! Meanwhile, last week we saw Big Brother's NC State contestant win going away against some pretty stiff competition. Can Louisville win in their first official week in the ACC? Let's find out - which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. Ryan Kelly has a phenomenal interaction with @KarlHessReferee on Twitter.
LOL this is awesome: pic.twitter.com/UKgxUj7hy8— Will Thompson (@thrillis4) July 2, 2014
Just for a minute imagine Karl Hess as the officiant of a wedding, which is high comedy in and of itself. But the fact that Kelly says what we'd all imagine Karl Hess doing at a wedding, well, that's just fantastic. Bravo, sir.
2. Someone should probably take control of Bobby Petrino's Twitter account before he gets himself in trouble (h/t @BunkiePerkins).
Bobby Petrino may want to be a little more discerning with his Twitter follows pic.twitter.com/tKW5C5BpGs— Bunkie Perkins (@BunkiePerkins) July 2, 2014
3. To celebrate the Cardinals move to the ACC, several ACC mascots visited Louisville. It went about as expected (h/t @lebrownlow and @theACC).
No, Otto, NO! BAD OTTO! YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW! Also, why do I get a very Game of Thrones-ish vibe from that Instagram picture?
4. Noted Syracuse alumnus Mike Tirico thinks Costa Rica is an island nation (h/t @Deadspin).
VIDEO: Mike Tirico describes Costa Rica as an "island nation" http://t.co/DHF6qNHktT— Deadspin (@Deadspin) June 29, 2014
See, ESPN, this is why you need to take Bill Walton everywhere, so he can drop facts like Argentina being one of a few bi-continental countries in the world. He would've known that Costa Rica is not an island.
5. Jennifer Lawrence is SUPER excited about Louisville being in the ACC now (h/t @the_Jameson and @slmandel).
Don't think she'll be winning another Academy Award for that narration (click the Meet the Cards link to see the video). Here's what I thought of that effort:
6. Mike London uses Facebook like he coaches football. (h/t @WillsWorldMN).
7. Notre Dame assistant coach selling all of his Adidas gear at a yard sale.
Selling all my Adidas ND apparel. pic.twitter.com/RmT5ErW2aj— Mike Elston (@CoachMikeElston) June 28, 2014
Goes without saying that if a player did this there'd be a Notice of Inquiry fired off faster than the speed of light to said school. The NCAA everybody!
8. Jabari Parker throws some serious shade at Andrew Wiggins at the NBA draft (h/t @JAdande).
The looks coming from Jabari Parker's table... pic.twitter.com/RILUxyphu9— J.A. Adande (@jadande) June 26, 2014
Good grief - what are they so mad about? I can't believe ESPN hasn't plastered this image all over their website trying to create a "rivalry" between these two.