The ACC tournament is only a week away, which is odd since this is, y'know, Wednesday. But I for one welcome additional ACC tournament basketball games, even if they are of a cruddy variety. I might end up taking that back next week. Sounds pretty good to me in theory, though.
Wait a minute, have I seen this stinkin' league?! Sheesh what an idiot.
Anyway, there's still some sorting to be done seed-wise, but the picture for NC State is relatively clear. Patrick Stevens has the breakdown for each team's seeding scenario, and here is State's:
N.C. STATE (8-9, vs. Boston College)
- The Wolfpack has clinched a bye into the second round
- The Wolfpack will be the No. 7 seed with a win AND a Florida State loss
- The Wolfpack will be the No. 8 seed with a win AND a Florida State win
- The Wolfpack will be the No. 8 seed with a loss AND a Maryland loss
- The Wolfpack will be the No. 9 seed with a loss AND a Maryland win
Maryland seems like a pretty good bet for No. 9 since the Terps wrap their schedule up with Virginia, so I'd like to see the Wolfpack avoid that No. 8 spot if possible. Because you know what would happen--since State beat the Terps without T.J. Warren this season, naturally the Pack would lose to them in the ACCT with Warren. That's just the way it works 'round here. But y'all knew that already.