So after being inspired by Frank Beamer's incredible interpretive dancing (which won in an absolute beatdown last week over some pretty tough competition), apparently everyone wanted to get in on the dancing this week in the ACC. But, despite these hilarious entries on the docket this week, again, there's one that is likely again going to run away with the victory this week. If y'all watched ACC football this weekend, then you likely know what I'm talking about. We've also, as always got a tremendous Jim Ross BAH GAWD Moment of the Week to close things out. With all that, it's time to get down to it. Which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. This UVA fan loves Journey...a lot (h/t @MarkEnnis and @TheBenSwain).
Not only is that funny as hell, but the announcers' reactions to this guy were equally tremendous.
2. Wake Forest assistant coaches get their groove on (h/t @Zach_Dillard).
This is certainly not the first instance Wake's coaches have been caught on camera wildly gesticulating plays in sync, but the fact that this is set to "Beat It" by Michael Jackson is just perfect. Bravo, sir.
3. If you want to get a cheap ticket to the ACC Championship game, guess what? There's a Groupon for that! (h/t @Aaron_Brenner).
Wouldn't be surprised if these prices continue to go down, particularly now that the matchup is set between FSU and GT.
4. Life tip #87349: Don't borrow Duke Johnson's gloves (h/t @Cork_Gaines).
WAIT. Where did Duke Johnson put his gloves? https://t.co/B7NUyV5oGE— Cork Gaines (@CorkGaines) November 23, 2014
5. Ryan Switzer is a big Taylor Swift fan.
Hopefully he won't be dancing Saturday at around 3:30 or 4:00 pm this Saturday. (Big props to @JamesCurle for the original vine).
6. Frank Beamer eloquently sums up the dumpster fire game between VT and Wake (h/t @BubbaProg).
THIS IS NOTHING TO CELEBRATE, FRANK BEAMER pic.twitter.com/2sqjAJAZ2C— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) November 22, 2014
As many, including myself, noted over the weekend, this absolute horror show of a football game was easily the #goacc game of the year. The final score ended up being 6-3, Wake in overtime. If you'll excuse me, I'll be puking my brains out in the corner. Good grief.
7. Perhaps this Duke coach should calm down (h/t @gifdsports).
Duke Coach Chris Hoover throwing chair, getting hyped https://t.co/9HpYfVAiJs— gifdsports (@gifdsports) November 21, 2014
It'd be funny as hell if he got this hyped about random, mundane events. Sort of like an insane version of the Ickey Woods cold cuts dance.
8. "Ain't nobody got time for that, Ref!" (h/t @WillsWorldMN).
Jameis Winston has no time for you ref. https://t.co/njSRVSZEvC— Will Ojanen (@WillsWorldMN) November 22, 2014
This really isn't all that bad, I get what Jameis was trying to do - but I've never seen something like this happen where a penalty wasn't called. Just an all around bizarre incident.
9. Adrian Branch....swing and a miss (h/t @JamesCurle).
Swelte? Seriously? Come on man.
10. Scott Shafer gets graphic in his phone press conference (h/t @SWernerPG, @RyanTice and our own @AkulaWolf).
Did you borrow that cheesy line from some terrible spy movie, Scott? Good lord.
And now, for your moment of zen,
THE JIM ROSS BAH GAWD MOMENT OF THE WEEK!
Even though we already discussed it a few days ago, BeeJay Anya's complete destruction of Jacksonville deserves a replay. Without further ado, take it away, JR!
With Anya picking up another several blocks against South Florida, I have a feeling this won't be the last time we see Anya make an appearance here.
See y'all next week!