It should come as no surprise to anybody that the dumpster fire football game between VT and Wake won in one of the biggest landslides to date last week. Frank Beamer celebrating a 0-0 tie heading into overtime just perfectly summed up Virginia Tech's #goacc season. I suspect however we'll see a tighter voting race this week, as we've got another fantastic slate of entries on the docket here at BTP, including several from the world of college basketball! We also have a an encore of our tremendous Jim Ross BAH GAWD Moment of the Week celebrating the win over UNC. Without further ado, it's time to vote: which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. Let's do some #TalkinBoutTheNoles basketball team...oh God (h/t @scacchoops).
Well if there was ever a vine that needed the Yakety Sax treatment, this is certainly up there. The ball getting stuck at the end just sums it up perfectly.
2. This Daily Tar Heel columnist is MAD Y'ALL (h/t @rellevent21).
But wait.................I thought UNC didn't consider State rivals? How can this be deeply upsetting to them? Couldn't resist a little trolling there.
(Sorry for screwing up your Twitter handle, Rell!)
3. DirecTV isn't all that excited about the ACC-B1G matchup tonight guys (h/t @gc_wallace).
Oh come on, it couldn't have been that bad!
*sees score of game*
4. What in the damn hell is happening at this Duke game? (h/t @lebrownlow and @PowellLatimerNR).
I have so many questions. Why is there a hot dog mascot there? Further, what is he standing on? Is that an American Flag "napkin" wrapped around him? But no question is as important as the one Harry Caray is here to ask:
5. This video is both hysterical and confusing at the same time (h/t @deflynt).
Who is this guy? He really spent all that time green screening himself into ACCDN highlights whilst wearing both various articles of Clemson and NC State gear? And took shots of something? I'm not even mad, that's amazing.
6. This ACC First Down marker holder wanted no part of the Florida-FSU sideline scuffle (h/t @LMaez44).
Oh, so that's where Principal Max Anderson aka the Revolting Blob has been all of these years.
7. Tim Brandt did not bring his A game to the State-UNC broadcast (h/t @WillsWorldMN).
This is one of many examples I could've used, but man, for those of us that watched the game on TV, Brandt was absolutely atrocious during that telecast.
8. Poor Jabari Parker (h/t @hoopshype).
Jabari Parker finds out he's a rookie. https://t.co/Wc3hZNRNTz— HoopsHype (@hoopshype) November 27, 2014
Not even the refs give rookies respect. Ice cold.
9. This is probably not the play that Brian Gregory drew up for GT (h/t @ncsupimaster and @BretStrelow).
Yeah...that's not going to win the game there bud.
10. Uh, why was the UVA-VT game being broadcast in Russia? (h/t @bubbaprog).
This is just odd. I'd love to know the context of him listing out several random schools.
And now, for your moment of zen,
THE JIM ROSS BAH GAWD MOMENT OF THE WEEK!
We got an early start on this, but here's an encore of the legendary WWE broadcaster calling the highlights of the Pack's win over UNC:
So glad y'all enjoyed that, I still can't get over how much I cracked up while making it. See y'all next week!