Despite a valiant effort from that bizarro green screen guy dancing in front of ACCDN highlights, that angry Daily Tar Heel columnist would not be denied last week. We've got some tremendous entries lined up again for you this week here on the BTP #goacc Moment of the Week, but first I must apologize that I'm a bit late with this. I'm blaming it solely on all of the spam that flooded my mentions after tweeting about the B I T C O I N bowl. Seriously, one account offered me a free dollar's worth of that wacky "currency" like it was some sort of drug. The Internet is so weird, mane. Anyways, enough of my rambling, it's time to vote. Which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. Philip Rivers gets creative with the toss sweep (h/t @the_Jameson).
That's probably not how he drew it up, I'd bet. This vine could use the Yakety Sax treatment, too.
2. Guy granny shots footballs in the Dr. Pepper halftime toss (h/t @drewmagary)
My God man. Did he get a pep talk from Henry Roengartner's mom beforehand? "Let it fly!"
3. The ACC Championship opened with an appearance from Bane (h/t @mac_b_from_tn)
"CHARLOTTE.......TAKE CONTROL.......TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CITY." Seriously though, whose bright idea was it to shoot fireworks off on a foggy night?
4. Otto, NO! That's a bad Otto! (h/t @akulawolf and @DavidHaleESPN).
Methinks Jim Boeheim needs to take Otto back for some obedience school lessons. Wildly inappropriate behavior. Speaking of inappropriate...
5. Chris Paul gets weird at a postgame press conference.
Blake Griffin's reaction is easily one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Let's just hope Julius didn't see this.
6. Noted Point Guard enthusiast Beejay Anya (h/t @the_Jameson).
This vine is my spirit animal, y'all. This needs to happen at least once a game, maybe more, in my opinion.
7. Everyone on VT's basketball team didn't realize Penn State was in a one and one. The results were hilarious (h/t @cjzero).
Ya know, maybe Buzz Williams should spend more time coaching his team instead of tweeting abstract, inspirational stuff. Then again, they did lose to Radford at home a couple nights ago, so I'm not so sure he can really make a difference this year.
8. Juuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside, Syracuse (h/t @akulawolf).
The only thing that would have made this better is if the camera panned to Jim Boeheim making his patented stank face. [Ed.'s note from Akula: When I vined this I meant to tag it #goacc but got autocorrected to #coach, thus #coach. So there is a small extra layer of #goacc on this.]
9. This kid on Jeopardy really loves Wake Forest (h/t @hokie_byrd)
He even did the raise the roof! This is absolutely amazing. WAKE FOREST, ALL THE WAY!
10. This might be one of the best chyron fails of all time (h/t @the_Jameson).
"HEY GUYS WAIT WHERE ARE YOU GOING DON'T LEAVE ME AT THIS END OF THE COURT IT'S SCARY OVER HERE I'M JUST TRYING TO PROMOTE THE ACC-B1G CHALLENGE!" Also, shoutout to @the_Jameson for finding some tremendously incredible #goacc vines this week.
And now, for your moment of zen,
THE JIM ROSS BAH GAWD MOMENT OF THE WEEK!!
Stepping into the realm of the NBA this week, which provides us with a most vicious block from Kemba Walker. This is probably as close as UCONN will ever get to being in the ACC, so let's let them have their moment. Take it away, JR!
See y'all next week!