We're back with yet another edition of the #goacc Moment of the Week here on BTP, and boy, do we have a doozie of an update for y'all this week. I have a feeling it won't be quite as close as last week's moment, when Syracuse "managed" to win their spring football game barely won over a field of stiff competition. I have a feeling I know who's going to win this week, but y'all may feel otherwise - this could be one of the strongest group of entries for one week we've ever had here on BTP. Which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. Kris is from Durham. He went on Jeopardy. Did he know what the mascot for NC State is? Nope (h/t @joeovies).
This made the rounds of NC Twitter early this past week, so no doubt many, if not all of you have seen this by now. I'm really glad I didn't see this live, or I might have fainted. NC State Huskies just doesn't have the same ring to it.
2. John Henson came back to NC and hosted a party (h/t @awbatchelor).
John Henson is hosting the "Sexiest All White Party on the East Coast" this weekend in Raleigh. #goacc pic.twitter.com/7gyVHLUMPf— Andrew Batchelor (@awbatchelor) April 23, 2014
Really surprised the dress code wasn't listed as "Sexxxy Casual."
3. Ed Davis gets Dikembe'd by Serge Ibaka.
I'm not gonna lie, I totally forgot about Ed Davis' career at UNC. I think he'd like to forget this moment, too.
4. Nick Gwiazdowski has some thoughts about Mark Thomas hosting the Wolfies.
This…. https://t.co/Mp0kBRNyNR then this…. https://t.co/p7J3BwHz0d #goacc— Will Thompson (@thrillis4) April 21, 2014
Our wrestling national champion is apparently not a fan of Mr. Thomas, which made this series of near simultaneous tweets even funnier.
5. An FSU fan created a response parody of "Royals" to that Florida fan from last week. It's even worse (h/t @JasonKirkSBN).
FSU! YOU MADE IT WAY WORSE! https://t.co/ej4Wuub79N via @RedditCFB— Jason Kirk (@JasonKirkSBN) April 21, 2014
I didn't think someone could make something worse than that video from last week, but man this guy lowered the bar to a level I didn't know existed. Good gosh man. I'm sure #FSUTwitter has given this guy plenty of grief for this heinous video.
6. The ACC Market Analysis is the quintessential #goacc document (h/t @BrendanDarr, @alex_prewitt, and @ericmorrow11).
This is the most #goacc thing ever. RT @alex_prewitt: Start with the introduction to the basketball section. pic.twitter.com/k1oTIvk1Di— Brendan Darr (@BrendanDarr) April 24, 2014
Yes, Mr. Darr - this very well could be the most #goacc document ever. But wait, there's more!
This chart isn't very informative. #goacc http://t.co/UBH4sIwItx pic.twitter.com/jnvp8NjO8V— Eric Morrow (@ericmorrow11) April 24, 2014
I envision this video below is how the presentation on this market analysis went:
7. Steve Francis attended the Washington Wizards playoff game wearing his own Houston Rockets jersey (h/t @ryanjkelly).
Steve Francis behind the basket...wearing his own jersey? @dcsportsbog pic.twitter.com/maQq9a3DHn— Ryan Kelly (@RyanJKelly) April 27, 2014
Even though Maryland is on their way out, this is more of a historical #goacc nod. The jersey even has the old Rockets logo on it! (author's note: thanks to goPack16 for pointing out that this was actually at a Wizards game, not the Rockets game)
8. Jackson Simmons did the Nae Nae, apparently (h/t @Boss_Martin247).
#goacc potential? UNC junior @jsimms_21 does the Nae Nae @thrillis4 pic.twitter.com/fzQWhdpXrv— Ross Martin (@Boss_Martin247) April 21, 2014
I guess everyone at UNC this week was in a dancing mood, as you'll see in our next entry.
9. The UNC athletes made a parody of Pharrell's "Happy" (h/t @akulawolf, @tarheelblog, and @ArmstrongABC11).
Shake it, Roy! RT @tarheelblog So this is a thing that happened. https://t.co/g1bBnPTShv— Steven (@akulawolf) April 23, 2014
This video is worth it solely for the look on Ol' Roy's face:
10. Rolling Stone did a feature on Belle Knox (h/t @joeovies).
Rolling Stone gives us the #goacc moment of the week: pic.twitter.com/KEtj4D2HhI— Joe Ovies (@joeovies) April 25, 2014
...Welp. I'm sure Duke loves that their logo is front and center in this article.