I'll be honest, last week was somewhat of a surprise in that Boston College's lack of attendance at ACC Media Days somehow lapped the field once or twice. I mean, did you see Paul Johnson's face? Or the fact that Larry Fedora literally destroyed someone's back with a paintball gun? I think we can consider BC's victory somewhat of an upset. Anyways, this offseason continued its absurd #goacc trend this week with one of the more hilarious pictures I've ever seen taken of some ACC coaches (I think you all know what I'm talking about). Will that be the victor this week, or will another darkhorse sleeper 8-4 candidate steal the spotlight again? Let's find out - which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. Our own Austin Johnson had the best ballot at ACC Media Days (h/t @Austin_Johnson).
First, let me apologize to Austin in that I committed my own #goacc moment by omitting this from last week's post. I don't know how I forgot about this glorious ballot, but it was so damn good I had to rectify my mistake from last week:
Here's my ACC pre season ballot. Feel pretty good about my predictions. pic.twitter.com/fZlA69ntuF— Austin Johnson (@austin_johnson) July 20, 2014
Seriously started crying at "PJ's offense works guys." Bravo good sir.
2. Larry Fedora's six pack went viral, then Dave Doeren and David Cutcliffe showed they have better six packs (h/t @McMurphyESPN and @PackFootball).
Larry Fedora, w/daughter, on his 6-pack abs secret: "No beer, no cardio, lift weights 45 minutes 4 days/week" pic.twitter.com/9LgqEGPEcy— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) July 28, 2014
I dunno about you guys, but I'd rather have Doeren's six pack consisting of Bud Heavy's vs Fedora's six pack originating from nine Red Bulls a day.
3. Florida State Jell-O Jiggler Molds are a thing that exist, apparently (h/t @davidraider88).
Because nothing says college football like a Jell-O mold of a collegiate team's logo.
4. Here's TJ Warren taking on Scott Wood in an arcade basketball game (h/t @JamesCurle and @Tyler_white03).
Let's go live to Jim Gray for the post game results. Jim?
"Thanks Will. Scott, you lost by 20 points to Tony Buckets. How frustrating was that?"
5. Maybe Boris Bojanovsky should play basketball with kids his own size (h/t @lebrownlow and @FSU_nolesserve).
I mean, is that even a regulation goal? FSU CHEATIN Y'ALL *invokes the wrath of #FSUTwitter* *changes name* *hides in foreign country*
Speaking of Florida State....
6. The Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness this is not, Florida State (h/t @saintwarrick).
Well, to be fair, Boston College would probably get as much attendance in Florida as they do now in Chestnut Hill for basketball games. I'm sorry, that was mean.
7. This guy. No seriously, that's it. Just this guy (h/t @wLxthxm).
Walking in a full UNC basketball uniform and purse while txting and holding a leash to his daughter's monkey backpack pic.twitter.com/4VBaTn3FMb— Will Lxthxm (@WLxthxm) July 25, 2014
I'm legitimately speechless. Let's move on.
8. Mark Armstrong demonstrated the proper use of the new #goacc logo (h/t @DocHeelFire and @ArmstrongABC11).
That's damn fine work right there. Speaking of logos...
9. Miami commits a clear violation of section B-71824X.123-7 of the ACC Logo handbook (h/t @hunterginn).
Get it together Al Golden - that section was reviewed multiple times at the last seminar.
10. So this is where the secret meetings Swofford runs happen (h/t @lessthangreat).
NinjaSwoff's secret hideout has been discovered y'all!!