Well, despite a strong effort from Cole Stoudt and his tremendous mannequin prank, nobody, and I mean nobody was defeating Mary Willingham's dumb quote to the N&O and the subsequent memes that followed. Just an all around absurd performance. I'm not sure we'll see such a blowout this week - we've got one of the strongest slates of entries we've had all summer this week. Trust me, y'all are going to really enjoy this one. Which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. Ron Jaworski LOVES LOGAN THOMAS (h/t @coatsspeak and @awfulannouncing).
I CLEARLY KNOW AFTER ONE PRESEASON GAME IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE WHO IS GOING TO BE A PRO BOWL QUARTERBACK. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE ACRONYMS EITHER. ALSO I MIGHT BE RELATED TO JACOB SILJ.
2. UVA lineman wears an unbelievable undershirt at practice (h/t @MarkEnnis).
It should come as no surprise that Bo Pelini has like 8 of these shirts.
3. Someone needs to help this person make a decision (h/t @darcymaine_ESPN).
Pretty sure I just found the most confused person in America. pic.twitter.com/w3PGx51HAO— D'Arcy Maine (@darcymaine_espn) August 11, 2014
I get the Duke-New Jersey connection, but the UNC sticker too? Don't let this car drive down Dan Allen drive.
4. Fox Sports uses picture of UVA's stadium when describing Virginia Tech's Lane Stadium (h/t @Ambushing_Wolf and @RedditCFB).
Just imagine for a moment if Fox Sports had done the same thing with Florida and Florida State. The wrath of #FSUTwitter would've been unlike anything the world has ever seen.
5. Is this wedding chair arrangement for real? (h/t @iLLDuce and @DirtySouthCanes).
True to form, only about 3 people showed up to this wedding.
6. Jimbo Fisher killed a bat at practice (h/t @WayneMcGaheeIII).
Jimbo knocking down a bat in the IPF https://t.co/KGGB8Vby3J— Wayne McGahee III (@WayneMcGaheeIII) August 8, 2014
I can't even imagine how much airtime was devoted to this on Tallahassee radio shows. If Nick Saban killed a flying rodent at practice, Paul Finebaum would devote an entire week's worth of time to it, and hell they might even build a statue of Saban killing said rodent.
7. The #AskJameis hashtag went about as well as expected (h/t @edsbs).
I challenge you to look at the mentions associated with that hashtag above and not make the same bizarre face that Tara Reid here is making. What an unfathomably dumb idea, Florida State. What on earth did y'all think would happen?
8. Time for an awkward photo shoot with shovels! (h/t @joshwgoodson and @thewolfpacker).
As Mr. Goodson suggested, this amazing picture is ripe for a caption contest - post yours in the comments!