After an abridged version last week, we're once again back with another full slate of tremendous #goacc entries. Not sure if we'll see quite the blowout we saw last week with last week's winner, the Wake-BC game, but I think I have an idea of who might win this week. Our good buddy JR is back again this week, and he's got some thoughts on that insane ending to the Michigan-Michigan State game. And with that, it's time to vote. Which is your #goacc Moment of the Week?
1. Fox Sports gave UNC's Shakeel Rashad a new nickname (h/t @JTobben).
For some reason I read Shaktastic in the same voice as the narrator guy from Halo multiplayer. "SHAKTACULAR!" I'm a nerd, I know. Let's move on.
2. So how are the players in Miami doing these days? (h/t @clarkdocvet).
Wonder what play that hand signal is used for.
3. Refs apparently missed a blatant false start in the VT-Miami game (h/t @SowderVT).
4. The ACC Network featured a pretty hilarious misspelling (h/t @IAmSpilly).
5. Verizon has legitimately no idea where UNC plays football (h/t @wmgadd).
Brands should just stop tweeting in general.
6. This Mets fan wearing a Syracuse sweatshirt is so prepared for a foul ball he has not one but TWO gloves (h/t @RFVick).
Why...why is it ever necessary to wear two baseball gloves to a game? It's not like there are going to be so many foul balls coming his way at once that he needs to use both hands. Good grief.
7. If you've ever wanted a Duke basketball jersey as a snuggie, today is your lucky day! (h/t @the_Jameson).
This has got to be one of the silliest pieces of merchandise ever created. Right down to the sleeves that are supposed to look like arms. But hey, you can be the "MVP" now!
8. Miami claimed this was a sellout (h/t @banditref).
Look, we've made fun of Miami's attendance issues several times here on the #goacc Moment of the Week, but it's been awhile, and this needs to be made fun of again. Seriously, there's only but so many ways to spin attendance, but you can't possibly say this is a sellout with a straight face.
9. Think you might be off by a few years there, Buzz! (h/t @KelsonRand).
37?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ pic.twitter.com/wjmaHvNq70— Kelson Crocker (@KelsonRand) October 18, 2015
I know Beamer is your colleague and all, but you don't have to butter him up that much, Buzz! Geez.
10. Pretty sure that's not Matt Johns, WRAL (h/t @GrizzlySplitter).
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly confident that's not UVA, either.
And now, for your moment of wrasslin'...
THE JIM ROSS BAH GAWD MOMENT OF THE WEEK!!
After a week off, good ol' JR is back, and he just so happened to watch that crazy ending between Michigan State and Michigan. Without further ado, take it away, JR!
See y'all next week!