There's really nothing more appropriate than to have a #goacc Moment of the Week on Friday the 13th, a day celebrated for its own schadenfreude, is there? Truth be told, y'all it's going to be hard to replicate the magic that was last week. I'd be willing to argue that was the strongest slate of entries we've ever had here, and ultimately y'all decided that Corn Elder being named the Specialist of the Week for a Touchdown that shouldn't have counted was the best of the worst. Moving on to this week, we've got another awesome slate of entries for y'all to vote on, as well as another riidculous #suregrin award winner and a FANTASTIC BAH GAWD!
And with that, it's time to vote. Which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. A dude in a Frozone costume walked around the Brickyard with a "FREE GUCCI" sign (h/t @jessicanolting).
ok but why is frozone in the brickyard pic.twitter.com/WTEkGhhPlq— Jessica Nolting (@JessicaNolting) November 11, 2015
Guess when Frozone isn't helping the Incredibles save the day, he has strong feelings about Gucci Mane being arrested.
2. Clemson's infographic celebrating academic excellence contains a grammatical error (h/t @DocHeelFire).
Omega, I know you're going to love that one. Seriously though, how the hell do you not proofread the hell out of something that's celebrating academic excellence? Shouldn't you strive to get that one right?
3. Scott Shafer tries to stay #hardnosed at all times (h/t @stephen_bailey1).
Syracuse will not make its QBs available for interview tonight to avoid giving Clemson an advantage in its preparation.— Stephen Bailey (@Stephen_Bailey1) November 10, 2015
I hate to break it to you, Scott, but even having college Donovan McNabb back there at QB won't make a damn bit of difference this weekend against the Tigers, so not making them available to the media is pretty laughable.
4. Virginia Tech beat Georgia Tech, and Frank Beamer couldn't believe it (h/t @DanWeiner).
First, someone teach Dan here the proper use of #goacc. Second, I'll be using this picture a lot in the future. Just incredible. Beamer is a #goacc legend.
5. The Pack almost had the greatest fat guy touchdown ever against BC (h/t to our own @akulawolf).
I'm gonna score oh darn it https://t.co/Wb10H4WooO— Steven (@akulawolf) November 7, 2015
This really needs the Benny Hill theme overlaid on it. Just a hilarious sequence of events there.
6. Philip Rivers' reaction to his defense getting a pick six is one for the record books (h/t @RyanTice).
Philip Rivers just out there having fun https://t.co/pYE9GkHF9q— Ryan Tice (@RyanTice) November 10, 2015
He's just a kid out there guys!! Look at that enthusiasm! We'll check back with him in a minute.
7. Noted contact lens enthusiast Tyler Hansbrough doesn't look thrilled about having to guard a giant (h/t @calebjsaenz).
Boban Marjanovic: "Tony, I've got him." Tyler Hansbrough: "Oh dear God..." https://t.co/nixm3QSGWq— Caleb Saenz (@calebjsaenz) November 8, 2015
What this vine doesn't capture is travelin' Tyler probably had one of his contacts fall out shortly thereafter so he could get a breather.
8. After the Chargers lost, Rivers did his best the Rock impersonation (h/t @SBNation).
This is seriously a perfect rendition of the dramatic pause of the Rock's IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
9. Rex Ryan wore a Clemson helmet during the entirety of a press conference (h/t @BleacherReport).
I was later informed that Rex has a son that's playing at Clemson, so that explains it somewhat. But still, this is amazing.
10. Abu gets funky on his free throw shot (h/t @bretstrelow).
Man, those of y'all that went to the exhibition game weren't kidding. That shimmy is spectacular.
the #suregrin award.
I was informed by @ReevesiXi that this vine below may be from Carmichael Gym - if anyone can confirm, that'd be awesome. But seriously, just look at this:
SLOW DOWN THERE USAIN BOLT https://t.co/G5Q2GVY4sY— FunnyPicsDepot (@FunnyPicsDepot) November 9, 2015
Like, what's the point of doing that? You'd get more exercise from just sitting on the couch than that. Good grief.
And now, for your moment of wrasslin'...
THE JIM ROSS BAH GAWD MOMENT OF THE WEEK!!
Apparently it's become a thing for Bills fans to perform wrasslin' moves at their tailgates before games, and last night's against the Jets was no different. Take it away, JR!
See y'all next week!