I must admit, y'all surprised me last week. I thought for sure that Jim Boeheim digging for gold in
the Yukon Territory his nose would be the run away winner, but Frank Beamer staring off into space shattered the competition, firmly entrenching Frank in the pantheon of #goacc greats. There is no doubt that come tournament time, we'll have a Frank Beamer region. Moving on to this week, strap in folks cause we've got another doozie of a lineup on our hands. We've also got a bone shattering Jim Ross BAH GAWD moment of the week to help get your week started off right. Enough chatter, it's time to vote. Which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. Tim Brant hasn't improved much from football season (h/t @jamescurle).
That's a good two steps inside of the three point line, Brant. Good job, good effort though.
2. Is this guy twerking behind Dick Vitale? (h/t @DerekMedlin).
Yes......yes it appears he is.
3. Former Duke player Mike Dunleavy Jr. hilariously videobombs his team during a timeout (h/t @the_jameson and @SBNation).
"Sup ladies, I'm buying drinks hey wait where are you going??"
4. The public address announcer at the Duke-UVA game gets a tad NSFW (h/t @Lon_Petrini).
I have no idea how I didn't catch this live watching the game, but good grief I nearly choked on my drink when I saw this.
5. JAMIE! Luckie with one of the worst charge calls you'll ever see.
Pretty laughable charge call from Jamie Luckie https://t.co/KdQZ0Ltj12— Will Thompson (@thrillis4) February 3, 2015
Seriously, look at this. Apparently defenders can just slide through a player's path while moving now and it will be a charge. Thankfully, Jay Bilas rightfully called out the officials for this egregious call.
6. Quinn Cook celebrates a big shot by...giving himself a spanking? (h/t @joeovies).
Not sure what Cook is doing here. https://t.co/KXcAiZDFTc— Joe Ovies (@joeovies) February 1, 2015
I mean, everybody celebrates differently I guess, but that's a new one for sure.
7. Let's check in on UVA fans after that tough loss to Duke (h/t @RoFloESPN).
The reaction this kid makes is just perfect. But hey, cheer up UVA fans - you guys had a hell of an effort against Duke, and y'all had some funny as hell signs, like this one that @Marilyn_Payne posted:
Just outstanding. But hey, we've got more from UVA fans!
8. Things got weird at College Gameday (h/t @WillsWorldMN).
Well, that's certainly one way to get on television.
9. Buzz Williams Caption Contest Time!
Buzz is the #goacc hero this conference deserves. He's the gift that keeps on giving. Feel free to leave some captions for this photo in the comments!
10. The ACC Circle of Mediocrity has returned for basketball (h/t @CLykinsBlog).
Took a tad bit longer than the infamous Coastal Division one from football, but mama we made it!
And now, for your moment of zen,
THE JIM ROSS BAH GAWD MOMENT OF THE WEEK!!
Finally returning back to the ACC for this one, there was no better dunk to attach the voice of the legendary wrasslin play by play man than Montrezl Harrell's destructive dunk against UNC. Take it away, JR!
Have a great week everyone!