First, before we get started, I have to acknowledge the incredible voter turn out we had last week, which saw Philip Rivers' hilarious face edge out those awful Howard's Rock hats. As we inch towards football season, I think we'll see even more voter turn out, and I'm hoping so because we've got a damn doozy of a lineup for y'all to vote on this week. Good ol' JR is back this week, with some thoughts on the NFL preseason. And with that, it's time to vote. Which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. NC State has made a machine that barfs (h/t to our own @akulawolf).
NC State created a vomiting machine ... and just in time for football season! http://t.co/J1VX7QTxmA— Steven (@akulawolf) August 21, 2015
I mean, I think they got enough throwing up after all of these damn gut punching losses we've been through over the years, AMIRITE??
2. Philip Rivers had so much fun making funny faces last week, he's back again! (h/t @Chargers).
Never, ever change, Rivers. You're the damn best.
3. Chancellor Woodson jammed out on stage with Petey Pablo at #Packapalooza (h/t @NCState).
"COME ON RANDY NORTHHHHH CARRRRROLINNNNNAAAAAAAAA COME ON AND RAISSSEEEE UP"
Everything about this picture is tremendous.
4. Belk is being acquired by a financial equity firm based in Syracuse (h/t @AmykKennedy).
Perhaps John Swofford is behind this, looking at more and more ways of expanding the ACC footprint. Because, as we all know, Belk is pretty much the most ACC department store in history.
5. Who's up for some Quidditch in Coral Gables?
Got everything checked off? Head on over to the IM Fields at 8PM! pic.twitter.com/CW2ljBGVul— UMiami Quidditch (@UMiamiQuidditch) August 24, 2015
ONLY IF YOU BRING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. CAN'T HAVE ANY MUGGLES BRINGING NEGATIVITY UP IN HERE. Oh, and enjoy the pizza!
6. Larry Fedora had his first radio show of the season last night, how'd it go? (h/t @_andrewcarter).
Is everybody excited about the 4-3, Fedora asks the crowd. One person claps. "That's great," Larry says.— Andrew Carter (@_andrewcarter) August 25, 2015
To be fair, it's understandable for their fans to be skeptical about a defense that literally couldn't stop an immovable object from dropping 45 points on them. Well, how are other things going with the football team?
7. So has UNC gotten their kicking woes from last year fixed? (h/t @brettlive).
Doesn't look like it!
And now, for your moment of wrasslin'....
THE JIM ROSS BAH GAWD MOMENT OF THE WEEK!!
With football season fast approaching, good ol' JR decided to take in some preseason NFL, and man, did he feel like he was back at the Royal Rumble. Take it away JR!
See y'all next week!