Welcome to a new year of #goacc everyone! And damn, do we have a hell of a list to start 2016. There are a couple entries that are likely to win, but you're going to have to give most if not all of them some serious thought. It's likely we'll see another close vote just like we did before the new year, where the N&O got a wee bit too excited with their headline. We've also got not one but TWO #suregrin winners, some hilarious photoshops, and of course some BAH GAWD, albeit with a twist this time. And with that, it's time to vote. Which is your #goacc Moment of the Week? Vote below!
1. Florida State's Department of Anthropology is in the middle of a strip mall in Tallahassee (h/t @JoshuaBBlack).
Good lord, this is definitely up there on the list of "Most Florida things ever." Anthropology major? Interested in playing some billiards right after class at a crappy strip mall? Like a football team with a slightly insane fanbase? Well HAVE WE GOT THE UNIVERSITY FOR YOU!
2. Former GT player Chris Bosh remains hilariously awkward (h/t @World_Wide_Wob).
Chris Bosh is such a weirdo pic.twitter.com/6Y8ugkhDH6— Rob Perez (@World_Wide_Wob) January 4, 2016
3. Russell Wilson should probably keep his day job (h/t @lizzs_lockeroom and @BaddieLambilly).
4. We've got some HOT UNIFORM BELK BOWL TAKES Y'ALL (h/t @willembahh).
I'm honestly surprised it took this long for someone to gripe about the colors the Pack wore in the Belk Bowl. Was it different? Absolutely, but for the umpteenth thousandth time, Mr. Worthington, this is about what the kids on the team want to wear. If it makes them happy, support it! Sorry you're so upset by that.
5. Joel James needs a lesson in music history (h/t @brettlive).
"This is Fat Bottomed Girls, right?" - Joel James on Guns N Roses' classic Paradise City— Brett Thompson (@brettlive) January 2, 2016
1) Kids these days. 2) I feel old as hell saying that Paradise City pretty much constitutes as music history. Damnit. Let's move on.
6. Shaq Lawson must've been hungry during the Orange Bowl media day (h/t @stevenbradley3).
Shaq talking about Baker Mayfield comparisons here cracks me up. Hey, they do have great barbecue around Raleigh. pic.twitter.com/tRb0xG52CK— Steven Bradley (@stevenbradley3) December 28, 2015
7. Drunk UNC basketball fan stumbles down steps at the Dean Dome (h/t @BarstoolSports).
Jelly legs on a million pic.twitter.com/cS08qTNr3T— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) December 29, 2015
Drunk UNC basketball fan gets knocked out by Lil' Mac!! https://t.co/n4HB2tCdwy— Will Thompson (@thrillis4) December 30, 2015
8. This FSU fan was done with the Peach Bowl (h/t @kmcorder).
I mean, I think we're all surprised he wasn't on Twitter, right? Got a reputation to uphold, after all.
9. Buzz Williams did not want to come out of the locker room after their loss to WVU (h/t @RTD_MikeBarber).
Not sure what happened here, but at least the Hokie Bird was on hand to keep reporters company while Buzz was probably working on his dance moves.
10. The legend of Dabo continues to grow (h/t @derekphillips89).
Dabo on his name: "This is honest to God truth. I had no idea my name was even William until like the 3rd grade because of those scantrons."— Derek Phillips (@DerekPhillips89) January 5, 2016
the #suregrin award.
We've got our first joint winners for the #suregrin award, both for wildly different reasons. First, let's start with a certain presidential candidate, who demonstrated probably the worst example of pandering I've ever seen:
Love my alma mater, but rooting for a Hawkeyes win today. #RoseBowl— Carly Fiorina (@CarlyFiorina) January 1, 2016
In case you didn't know, Carly is a graduate of Stanford, but somehow thinks that saying she'll pull for the Iowa Hawkeyes will make a difference in her polling numbers. Newsflash Carly: it won't, and now you just look silly.
Next, let's talk about a certain pro football team's fanbase, and their, um, fondness of destroying tables. Yes, I'm talking of course about Buffalo Bills fans, who decided to take their table destruction phenomenon to a new level this past Sunday to close out the regular season:
The best photoshops of the week!
For those of you that have seen The Force Awakens, you'll get a kick out of this photoshop here from @MichaelRapa:
That's brilliantly done. Next, WRAL meteorologist Nate Johnson expertly summed up both the weather and the fanbase feelings of the Belk Bowl:
And now, for your moment of wrasslin'...
THE JIM ROSS BAH GAWD MOMENT OF THE WEEK!!
Something a bit different this week for y'all. As you might know, good ol' JR is a bit of a fan of Oklahoma. Well, Dabo Swinney had something to say about that!
Have a great week everyone!