Ok, to be honest, I really felt like at the end of July that #goacc had finally returned...but alas, we fell into another dead period. Apologies for that! Hopefully though with football season ever so closer, we’re going to get #goacc much more ramped up again. We’ve also got a tremendous #suregrin winner, a couple of great photoshops, and a BAH GAWD moment I’ve been sitting on for a few weeks that just made my sides hurt. Let’s get right down to it, which is your #goacc Moment of the (last several) Week(s)? Vote below!
1. Dave Doeren ain’t got time for Twitter.
Honestly, he’s probably right.
2. The #goacc King Frank Beamer is enjoying retirement (h/t @CoachSBeamer).
Heated game of "HEDBANZ" with our 6 yr old and my dad today . He seems a little less stressed this August ! pic.twitter.com/oMGKMdqsC9— Shane Beamer (@CoachSBeamer) August 22, 2016
Frank is probably telling his granddaughter about how to play defense in HEDBANZ.
3. A Pitt student trying to impress a female friend ended up stuck in a wall (h/t @iamspilly).
I mean, we’ve all been there. You know what happens, you have a few drinks, you try to impress a female friend, yadda yadda yadda, you end up stuck in a wall.
4. Basketball is really popular at Raleigh-Durham International Airport, apparently (h/t @stephenschramm).
"It's the basketball guy!" - Worker at Starbucks in RDU's terminal 2 upon Coach K's arrival.— Stephen Schramm (@stephenschramm) August 22, 2016
If Coach K is that basketball guy...what does that make Calipari? The guy that hangs out with Drake?
5. The Associated Press used Microsoft Paint to make a graphic about ACC football.
This is one of the worst graphics I’ve seen a publication put out since Netscape existed. Good grief, it’s 2016 put some effort into it.
6. The Miami Hurricanes will officially play football in Hard Rock Stadium (h/t @mattyports).
Great, so now the tens of people that go to Miami football games will have to pay $25 for a bud light and $30 for an overrated at best hamburger. At least there will be cool rock memorabilia all over the place.
7. Boston College officially gave Jim Christian a one year extension (h/t @bcinterruption).
Boston College Basketball's Jim Christian Signs One Year Extension https://t.co/dMXg1C32SJ— BC Interruption (@bcinterruption) August 15, 2016
Man, I wish I could go completely winless in conference play and get my contract extended. That sounds like a dream job.
8. A Syracuse student went hiking with a cardboard cutout of Bernie Sanders (h/t @dailyorange).
I’m really not sure what would inspire someone to do this, so I’ll just chalk it up to millennials, since that seems to be the trendy thing to blame things on these days.
9. Russell Wilson wants us all to know he’s "not Hollywood."
God almighty please let football start soon pic.twitter.com/Voyo5gZtnz— Will Thompson (@thrillis4) August 23, 2016
I literally loathe the NFL offseason. Speaking of the NFL though...
10. Let’s check in on how the Tampa Bay Bucs are fairing after drafting Roberto Aguayo in the 2nd round (h/t @sbnationnfl).
Not great, Bob!
the #suregrin award.
This week’s winner is none other than East Carolina! Why, you might ask? Because they were literally dumb enough to have a Kid Rock concert in their football stadium two weeks before the season started. How’d their field take that? About like you might expect:
The best photoshops of the week!
Let’s start by acknowledging another tremendous Twitter shoe roast from last night. In case you missed it, Adidas unveiled new James Harden shoes that, well, look like a dirty air filter:
Naturally, these trash shoes immediately got the Crying Jordan treatment (and deservedly so):
Moving on to the Ryan Lochte nonsense, @Darth on Twitter perfectly summed up how Lochte was able to get out of Brazil undetected:
And now, for your moment of Wrasslin...
THE JIM ROSS BAH GAWD MOMENT OF THE WEEK!!
The folks over at Deadspin came up with probably one of the best mashups I’ve ever seen - they took the angry Michael Phelps face and perfectly combined it into the Undertaker’s entrance, and you just need to see it for yourself:
BAH GAWD, KING, THAT'S MICHAEL PHELPS'S MUSIC! pic.twitter.com/V96nYOdaGM— Deadspin (@Deadspin) August 10, 2016
See y’all next week!