George Mason jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the top of the 2nd on a leadoff solo home run, but that would be their only lead of the game as NC State cruised to an easy 18-3 victory on the backs of a 6-run 3rd inning and a 10-run 6th inning.
Trailing 1-0 heading into the bottom of the 2nd, the Wolfpack plated two runs to take a short-lived lead. The Patriots would respond quickly, tying the game in the top half of the 3rd. From there, it was all NC State as the Wolfpack batted around in the bottom of the 3rd, scored six runs, and never looked back.
Five Wolfpack hitters collected multiple hits, six scored multiple runs, and five drove in multiple runs. Four NC State relievers combined to toss seven innings of four-hit ball, allowing just a single unearned run, and striking out ten Patriot hitters.
- JR LF Jonny Butler: 2-for-4, 2B, 2 BB, 2 R, 2 RBI
- JR SS Will Wilson: 2-for-5, HR, R, 3 RBI
- SO C Patrick Bailey: 2-for-3, 2 BB, 3 R, RBI
- FR CF Tyler McDonough: 2-for-5, 2B, HR, BB, 2 R, 4 RBI
- JR C/1B Brad Debo: 2-for-3, 2B, 2 BB, 3 R
- SO 3B David Vazquez: 1-for-3, 2B, 2 BB, 3 R, 2 RBI
- SO 2B J.T. Jarrett: 1-for-4, 2B, BB, 2 R, 3 RBI
- SO LHP Nick Swiney: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K
- RS-FR RHP Cameron Cotter: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K
- SO LHP David Harrison: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
- JR RHP Mathiu Gauthier: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
The win improves the Wolfpack’s record to 17-0. State returns to the diamond on Friday as they kick off a home ACC series against a 13-2 Florida State squad that is ranked as high as #1 (Collegiate Baseball Newspaper - an outlet that has NC State at #2) in the polls.