Just going to keep this more to a status update...
NC State got swept by Louisville this weekend.
The Pack got their doors blown off on Friday, 13-1, in a game that was never really close or competitive.
Saturday saw Louisville jump out to another early lead, but State fought back to cut the deficit to a single run heading into the 6th inning. That was as close as it would get with State falling by a final score of 6-3.
State led 3-1 heading into the 7th inning on Sunday on the back of a great start by Matt Willadsen, but the bullpen faltered and the Pack ultimately lost 8-3.
- Friday was awful. Nothing good happened.
- Sam Highfill and Reid Johnston combined to put together a pretty good line on Saturday: 9.0 IP, 10 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 K. Poor defense behind them, though (four errors) allowed three unearned runs to score (Highfill and Johnston also combined to plunk two batters and uncork two wild pitchers, so it’s not all on the defense).
- Terrell Tatum and Jose Torres each went 4-for-11 with a home run over the weekend. Torres also notched a double and triple on the weekend.
- Willadsen’s line on Sunday: 6.2 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 7 K.
- Next game: Tuesday at UNC-Wilmington.