Clemson is the class of the ACC and it isn’t even close to being close, and FSU is a top ten program in the country right now. Remember when “Clemsoning” was a thing? Must be nice to get rid of that cloud hanging over a school.
1. Clemson. If the Tigers are as good as they looked on Saturday night in Louisville (they aren’t) just go ahead and give them the national championship now.
2. Florida State. I generally refuse to move teams around if they don’t play so that’s why FSU hasn’t moved. Somebody else needs to prove they are the second best team in the conference before I move them.
3. Virginia Tech. Clemson visits Blacksburg in two weeks, which I would be shocked if it isn’t a preview of the ACC championship game.
4. Miami. We’ll find out if Miami is actually good this year very quickly. After a home game against Toledo this week, the Canes travel to Duke and Tallahassee in back to back weeks.
5. Duke. I’m not completely sold on the Devils yet, but they’ve probably been the most impressive ACC team every week to this point.
6. Louisville. As impressive as Duke has been, the Cards have been just as unimpressive. They have a negative point differential through three games, which isn’t the end all be all, but it’s a huge warning sign.
7. Wake Forest. Deacons continue to fly under the radar. They did the same thing last year at the beginning of the season, so we’ll see if they can take another step forward in ACC play.
8. NC State. The season and Dave Doeren’s future is on the line the next three weeks. He has to win two of the next three. I think it will happen.
9. Georgia Tech. Transitive property is extremely, awfully, terribly bad for the Jackets. The Jackets blew a two touchdown, fourth quarter lead to Tennessee, who then gave up the first offensive touchdown of the season to Florida (120 minutes into their season) on a game winning hail mary. Yikes.
10. UNC-Chapel Hill. Basketball is more important. Basketball is more important. Basketball is more important. Basketball is more important.
11. Syracuse. Just took a look at their schedule and there’s no path to a bowl as things stand now. Moral of the story: don’t lose to Middle Tennessee State.
12. Pittsburgh. This week at Georgia Tech will be a much better measuring stick for the Panthers after two games against playoff contenders.
13. Virginia. I said I wouldn’t move Virginia out of the last spot unless NC State beat BC. I lied.
14. Boston College. Sure?