You will be able to buy both beer and hard seltzer at Carter-Finley Stadium this fall, though it is important to note that the halftime pass-out rule isn’t going anywhere—so that’s still an available option if you want it.
The school is adding new concession stations specifically for alcohol in each corner of the stadium, with a total of at least 40 points of sale available for fans.
State hasn’t officially announced which beers will be sold, but according to Pack Pride’s R. Cory Smith, the selection will likely be Old Tuffy, Coors Light, Corona, and White Claw (if you’re into that sort of thing). They will not be selling wine this season.
- Beer will be sold at new stations in the four corners of Carter-Finley Stadium – separate from existing food and beverage concessions. These lines will be limited to beer, water, peanuts and one hard seltzer product. There will be between 40-50 points of sale on the concourse.
- Following the lead of several professional and college venues and recommendations of industry professionals, NC State’s plan is to initially sell beer in cans and/or plastic bottles only – not on draft. Containers are easier to transport, stock and keep cold, and can be served to fans faster, reducing line wait times.
- Fans will need to show legal identification proving they are 21 years of age or over each time they purchase a beer. Anyone appearing under the age of 30 will be subject to ID check and will be required to wear a wristband.
- Per state law, customers will be sold one beer per person per ID per purchase.
- Everyone serving beer in the stadium will be a certified and properly trained server.
- Beer will not be sold to anyone appearing to be intoxicated.
- Beer sales will begin when general stadium gates open 90 minutes prior to kickoff and stop at the end of the third quarter.
- No beer container may be brought in or out of the stadium, including empty containers.
- Officials will be added to monitor fan safety and behavior inside the stadium.
- NC State is not planning to sell wine this season.